Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hello Kitty Post-it-notes...

I love these hello kitty heads (this head is from the sitting hello kitty die-it's smaller) and I wanted to make something to sell at the HGEA craft fair coming up...so my boss said she would try to sell them for me. I was so excited to try make something and this is what I came up with...hello kitty post-it-notes with pen. I do love the hello kitty even though it can be very time consuming doing the whiskers, nose and eyes...but it's all worth it.I had bought some thin coaster chipboard before and was disappointed in it and didn't know what to do with them...but I decided to try use them to make the hello kitty heads and they worked perfect! I know it's not "white" but it's close enough and so hello kitty has a slight tan. I had fun making them. I used the DP from a scrap pack I had and I matched the color cardstock for the bow, then I dazzling diamonded each and every one! I added ribbon and I bought the mini pens from Price Busters in Pearlridge. here's what it looks like on the inside.

The instructions are:
2 - 4 x 4 chipboard coasters
2 - pieces 4 x 4 designer paper
1 - 4 x 11 cardstock
score at: 4" and flip and score at 4"
corner rounder
ribbon
post-it-notes
mini pen (optional)
decorate as you choose and there you have it!
hope you all are enjoying yourself this week =)
thanks for stopping by...TTFN!

12 comments:

Michelle Alejandro

They came out so cute. You should sell out of these! Tonight I am stuffing marshmellows into bags for my snowman soup project, yikes. Have to stuff like 135 little ziplocs with 5 in each. Fun times, lol.

Unknown

Your post it notes will be a sell out. Wow - so lucky that your boss will help you sell it - thanks for sharing a tutorial. Love all of your hello kitty ideas - so so cute!

Cheryl

Very cute Joy! You are having fun piecing those HK faces together eh?

Marie

Oh wow! I really love it! I'm starting to collect Hello Kitty for my daughter. But it's so hard to find Hello Kitty where I'm at. About the Whiff of Joy Challenge, it's a random winner. And like, 100 people join the challenge. So, the likelyhood of me winning is 1 percent. Lol!

Enjoli

Hi Joy! =) You will definitely sell out on these!! They are great gifts. I showed off the one you gave me to all of my clerical co-workers.. Hehehe. =)

Fay

Joy, these are sooo adorable and I'm sure you'll sell out quickly! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Joy

OH MY GOD.... SUPER DUPER CUTE!!!! I love it!! You are just too talented!!! Good luck at the craft fair!!!

Denise

Very Cute! You are so talented!

Jean

Hi Joy!! Thanks for the posts on my blog!! I had fun looking around your blog too!! Send me an email and I can give you better instructions.

eunice

These are absolutely darling! They'd make great stocking stuffers for little girls...and big girls too!

Corie

Oh my these are just toooooo cute.

eunice

Hi again, Joy! Wanted to email you with this question, but realized later than I don't have your email addy. Anyways, I really would like to make these (so, so CUTE!) but I can't figure out the next step after I've scored the two ends of the the 11" cardstock...sorry, I can be so dense sometimes...

Related Posts with Thumbnails