Wednesday, December 10, 2008

An ORIGINAL gift card holder tutorial...

This year...gift card holders have been a great deal at my work...my boss and my co-workers love the idea and have asked me to make a few...I have been looking around for different styles and then I decided I will come up with my own...I am so proud of myself. So here is the tutorial for this gift card holder...I hope you will use it and give me credit =)
First, cut your cardstock to 4 1/4" height x 8 1/2" width...
with an 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock, you can make 2 of these gift card holders...
I used real red cardstock for this demonstration.
score at 4 1/4"...(picture above)
then, score @ 3" the long way...
cut the left side off...
cut the scored line of 3" till you meet up with the 4 1/4" scored line.
crease the scored lines...fold up the right side
(which will be your pocket for your gift card)
you can use brads to hold the pocket in place.
decorate the front to your liking...
I used the sizzix santa, DP paper from SU and ribbon.
Here's what the pocket (inside) looks like.
I chose to use sugar coated brads to hold the pocket in place.

I hope you were intrigued to try something simple and easy to make.
Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!
Have a great Wednesday!!!

11 comments:

rhonda

OMGosh! I LOVE IT! I'm going to try this later on. :0)

Denise

WOW, Thanks for the neat tutorial, I just got another order for 16 more gift card holders (42 total), I was burnt out with the same o same old ones, I will use your idea for the remaining 16! Thanks so much for sharing. To my craft room I shall go.......

Rina

Okay, okay, okay...I can try this gift card too. Wish me blessings (lol). Love this tutorial.

Joy

GREAT tutorial!!! My hats off to you for making this your own! I'll definitely make this one and tell everyone you thought of it!

Michelle Alejandro

Great job! Will have to try this one too! Just need to find the time. Talk to you later!

Unknown

Thanks for sharing this tutorial! Nice job :)
I'll try to make one.

Enjoli

Great tutorial Joy! I'm going to have to try it. =) I love that Santa Claus die.

Anonymous

This is so cute! Thank you for the tutorial!

nicky w.

This is such a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing it! By the way, I am participating in this month RAK... and I hope to continue, so yes, maybe we'll come across each other in that as well. Thanks for stopping at my blog!

Cathy Y.

Wow, how smart to create your own gift card holder. I hope to try it too. I love that santa die.

Fay

Hi Joy! Such a simple but great design. I will definitely try it out since this is the season of gift cards!! Thanks!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails