Monday, February 22, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie...

Good Morning everyone! I know it's a Monday...but I have something exciting to share with you. Have you been to my blog lately? I have been mentioning the Stamp and Create blog that I would love for you to visit! Well the Stamp and Create store is having another Product Spotlight of the week, which is: Kraftin' Kimmie and it's on sale for 25% off! I wanted to use: Shy Emmylou for you today. Isn't she adorable? here's a close up of her. this image also comes with the sentiment as well.so I have had so many comments and emails on how to make this simple and easy easel drawer box...I would love to share this tutorial with you. so here is what you will need...
1 - 4" x 11" CS

1 - 4" x 8" CS

1 - 4" x 4" CS

1 - 6" x 6" CS

(tip: it only takes 2 - 8" x 11" CS...cut the first two pieces the long way and then cut the next two pieces the short way-width) I hope you can understand.
Take the 6" x 6" piece of CS and score 1" all around...cut one of the score lines to make tabs...seen below...I cut them diagonally so that the tabs won't stick up when put together.
here's what the box looks like when put together...

next take your longest piece...4" x 11" CS and score it at: 1 1/8", 2 1/4", 6 3/8" and 7 1/2". put your double stick tape on the inside (the end of the 7 1/2" score). (tip: if you put your drawer upside down and place it between the 2 1/4" and 6 3/8" score line...then fold this piece over it...the cover will keep it's shape)
here's what it looks like from the side once the long piece is put together...you can see where the drawer is inserted.
then you take your 4" x 8" piece of CS and score it at: 2" and 4". flip it over and put double stick tape on the bigger part...shown below.
stick it down to the TOP of the cover. the flap will turn into your easel. I emphasize the TOP because if you stick it underneath the cover, there will not be enough CS left to make it into a easel. the drawer should be able to be pulled out from the front and the back.
take your 4" x 4" piece of CS and decorate to your heart's content before adding it to your easel flap. just put double stick tape on the bottom of your 4" x 4" CS and there it is! I really wanted to decorate this easel drawer box/card. I also added my calendar to it. that is what I used to hold open my easel, but on my other ones I liked to use buttons, brads, flowers, etc and that is fine too =) I used memento ink, colored with my copics, used MS border punches, flowers, leaves and a butterfly charm. remember: you can purchase your charms at Stamp and Create...you can also get the jump rings and this image there too!

here's the finished easel drawer...

If you have any questions about a step or didn't quite understand my directions, please don't hesitate to contact me or leave me a comment so that I can help you. it's the easiest thing to make and it is a really fabulous gift to give. thanks for waiting for this tutorial...now go and make one of your own easel drawer creation!

15 comments:

Risa

What a super cute card Joy! Your image is adorable! TFS the tutorial for making these fab boxes. I tried to make one but got "stuck" somewhere along the process. Thanks for clear tutorial.
hugs
Risa:)

Lacey Stephens

Joy, this is awesome!! Thank you so much for making this tutorial!! You did a fantastic job...maybe I can try one of these some time!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Lacey Stephens

Joy, this is awesome!! Thank you so much for making this tutorial!! You did a fantastic job...maybe I can try one of these some time!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA**

how adorbs is that image...Thanks for sharing the tutorial...have a great day....:)Liann

joni h

great easel drawer tutorial! you da' bestest! love your use of the flowers and charm!
was it cold enough last night or what? enjoy your day!

Michelle Alejandro

Thanks for the tutorial. I may have to use this one at my next meeting. I just got my goodies from Lacey, love those freakin' beads. Super cute! May be late to our game tomorrow, but hopefully not. Or hopefully we won't start until like 6:20. TTYL!

Charlene

Thank you so much for the instructions to make the easel box. I really appreciate it.

Cheryl

Hey thanks Joy! Now I can finally make one.

Shirley N

Great tutorial Joy. Now I have no excuse, lol! TFS!

1LuvnMama

I luv these Joy! :) MOJO, MOJO, MOJO! You are amazing gf!

mst822

Super cute easel drawer project! Thank you for your tutorial!
Tammy

Kyoko

Thanks for the tutorial ... you are the PRO on this project! LOVE IT SISTER!

Huggies,
Kyoko

PS: I posted ... LOL!

Tammi

Oh wow, vibrant and pretty and so cute! Your so good at whipping these things out!

Cathy Y.

Thanks for your tutorial on these easel boxes - I was searching all over on how to make one. I have to try it now! Thanks again....

gailwoo

Joy, mahalo for the easel drawer tutorial. You make it look so easy. Eve easy enough for me! I can't wait to try it for a RAK!
hugs from San Francisco, gail w.

Related Posts with Thumbnails