Wednesday, November 19, 2008

cute holiday gift bag...

I love this project.
...it's called the holiday gift bag...I was visiting blogs as usual and I came across this tutorial on the holiday gift bag at chic n' scratch. I fell in love with this cute thing! I just had to make it and was dying to try it out. so I realized that you had to buy the kraft bags to make the little bag on the inside. so I went to check it out and only one place sold it, but the shipping was 5x as much as the item! I said, okay, what can I do...so I took the directions from the one sheet box, but made my own measurements to match the bag perfectly. I gotta say that it took me a couple hours before I figured it out. I am amazed at all of you who just come up with things and whip it up. So here I go with my directions for this bag.
1) 1 piece of paper (printer paper) and cut it to
measure 7 1/2" x 7 1/2".
so which ever way you decide to make one the
width and the other the height, you need to score it this way...
2) score - width 2" and 5 1/2"...
3) score - height 2 3/4" and 4 3/4"...
4) crease all scored lines. just like the one sheet box,
you are going to fold to create a diagonal crease on all corners.
5) tape the edges down and you are done with your bag.
this is what the bag looks like once you are done with it. then you take your 2 pieces of top notes die cuts and tape one down to the front and then punch your oval handles out. then you can stick your other side down and measure it and punch the other oval handle out. if you try to do them all together it will be too tough to punch. you can also sponge the edges if you like. I did and it gives a more finished look. I added grosgrain ribbon to finish it off.
here's a side view of what the little holiday gift bag looks like. I had so much fun making this!
looking from the top down...just to give you a different view of the same cute little bag.
here's the other side view. you can see the bag I made inside.
here's my santa upclose. I wanted to show you that he has dazzling diamonds for the trim of his hat & the ball at the end of his hat and the trims of his coat. I used red and black stickles to make santa stand out more. The santa is from little dreamer designs by Nancy Kubo called happy holiday graphics. I love these designs...Thanks so much Jen from Pieces of me!!

thank you for stopping by today...I can't believe it's Wednesday already...we are half way there!

13 comments:

eunice

I agree...this bag is too cute! Great job of figuring out how to create the inside bag to save some $$$! And thank you for the great tutorial...you are the sweetest!

Rina

OMGosh, another fun project to add to my list. Oh my...this one is very cute. I love how you came up with your own template. The tutorial was very heartful...oops, I meant to say...helpful (hee,hee).

Unknown

Thanks for the tutorial - I hope you do more - it's so helpful. It's so christmasey - love it.

Denise

Wow, this bag is so cute! Love that Santa!

Joy

AHHHH! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

Catherine

Joy, this is the cutest thing ever. I wish i have a BIG SHOT, i've been seeing cute stuff :(

Islander Girl

OMG! This is too funny! I did this last night, only I made the inside bag with an bagalope and it worked perfect. First the GC holders and now this! I love how your bag turned out!

Have a great day!

Tracy.H

So cute! Do you know if you can use the cuttlebug with these dies? Love it! :0)

Fay

Joy, your bag came out so cute! and you did a great job creating your own bag for the inside! I'm definitely going to try this out. Thanks for sharing!!

Michelle Alejandro

This came out really cute Joy! See you tomorrow!

Teri

Clever!! I must try this once I feel better. Thanks for the great tutorial and tip! See you soon!!

Jodi

Joy! I saw this bag too! I think I will have to make it just to try it out just like you! LOVE the cute santa!~ have a great day!! =)

Enjoli

Super cute bag!! Love the sparkly Santa! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails