Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sparkling Tilda...

so after all the hoop-la that has been going on in my life...I had some energy last night and decided to make some little gifts for some friends I'll be having lunch with today! I just got in my new Magnolia stamps...Tilda is so cute! I used the image called sparkling Tilda for the front. I colored her with my copics...used my stickles and cut her out...I know...I know...with my tennis elbow...it didn't help one bit, but I just had to cut her out =) made them in pretty purple and pink color boxes...It's an original! I also used some of that stretch cord to finish the box.so here's the one of the purple ones...I used my pretty DP to cover the outside. I found a sweet sentiment to put on the front too. perfect for who I am giving this to.
here's the pink one...
okay...I know you are asking...where are the measurements! I am going by memory as I forgot to write them down! crazy me yah! it can fit something small inside...I put some stamped images to share. okay...here goes...hope you can understand my directions =)
CS is 4 1/4" x 10 1/2"
score @ 4 1/2", 5", 9 1/2" and 10"
(this is the 10 1/2" edge on top of the scorer)
score both ends @ 1/2" or if it's easier @ 3 3/4".
(this is the 4 1/2" edge on top of the scorer)
you will cut the tabs to create the box...but where you see the double score lines crossing each other, please cut this off...this is how you make your little flap to close the top of the box. also go ahead and corner round the corners.
put adhesive on the 1/2" flaps on the sides to put box together.
just add whatever DP and image you may want...
then you are all done!
have a wonderful Tuesday! I'm off to enjoy myself with friends =)

24 comments:

1LuvnMama

awww . . . that's so adorable! I luv the colors!!! you did a great job coloring and I'll have to try this using your instructions! :) TFS!

Cyndi

cute project!! you come up with such great ideas!

Cami

These are so cute, Joy! Pain and all you colored and cut these Tildas out...what you do for your friends! And, they are so fortunate to receive this and I know they will appreciate it and treasure it! You've done a beautiful job coloring the and the DPs are very pretty! Hope you all had a fun lunch! Hugs, Cami

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA**

your such an awesome friend...these little goodies are too cute..i am sure your friends will love them..take care..have a great tuesday

Lacey Stephens

Fantastic little boxes! I am sure your friends enjoyed them!! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and long weekend! It was a crazy one for me..I am still trying to recover from family and Disney World!!
~Lacey

Jamee
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise

Very pretty projects Joy! You da bomb....thanks again for Sunday, you crack me up! I'll come by in a few weeks, got to give you something.
Hugs,
Denise

Shirley N

These are sooo cute--your friends are going to love them! This is one of my favorites that I've seen--gotta get this stamp, too!

Unknown

Thanks for always sharing your creations with us ... and you are always thinking of others, sore elbow and all. Hope you had a grand time at lunch.

Teri

Awww, these are such beautiful boxes! Lucky friends! Please take care of your elbow, rest it so it will heal faster!

joni h

wow, joy! you are way too creative! you're my IDOL!! sore arm & all and you still manage to cut so precisely! are you a lefty?
no wonder you can still play Bejeweled & kick butt!
Love your boxes!

Linda

You are one super crafter Joy! Thanks for sharing your dimensions and instructions! Take care.

Cheryl

These are so sweet Joy! I can't imagine how you made all of them with the pain in your arms. Your friends will enjoy these for sure!

Janis

You go Joy! Thanks for sharing the instructions on how to make another one of your super creations.

Rach

gorgeous joy. hugs Rachxx

Brenda

I love these! They turned out super cute! But don't forget to rest your elbow. I know, I had a sprained wrist, but still had the urge to craft (luckily it was my left wrist). Anyways, thanks for sharing the dimensions.

Michelle Alejandro

Thanks Joy! Love mine! Had to hide the images from you know who, lol. TTYL!

Elena

Thanks for sharing the instructions! You're so awesome with all your creations injured and all. Have a great rest of the week.

Jodi

Very cute Joy! This image is adorable and I love the variety of colors you used too! How sweet of you to create something for the girls!
Hope your day is going great!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Kim Dellow

Oh they are wonderful love the papers. Kim

JenRaff

How sweet! I love all the projects you do -- you make the cutest things.

Risa

Your Magnolia treat boxes are beautiful Joy! Thanks for sharing the tutorial, I've gotta try this one for sure!
hugs
Risa:)

Anonymous

Very cute!!! Love the colors :)

Ila

Oh Wow!! these are just the Cutest Joy!!..what a fabulous idea and gift!!!...Hugs, Ila

Related Posts with Thumbnails