Monday, December 7, 2009

Box #3...

got a chance to go to J's this weekend...and he has lots of new stuff in! besides these extra long dies, he has lots of new punches too. if you have a chance, go down to his store and check it out! I purchased this new Box #3...I fell in love with it when I saw a sample at the store that Cheryl had made. It's a pretty big box and can fit a lot of goodies inside =)
here is what it looks like once it's finished. It takes one 12 x 12 CS or DP (5 x 12 for each strip to cut the box out and you need 2 strips). you need to cut out 4 pieces...2 of each one. you will see what I mean when you see the die. I used my oval nesties to cut out the window and placed an acetate window over the opening.
here's what it looks like when it's assembled and the box is opened...
here's the side view of the box so you can see how deep it is.
stay tuned as I will show you my final product tomorrow...
I did two different styles of many ways to finish this box =)
Happy Monday everyone! it's almost Christmas and I'm getting ready with these boxes as gifts to give to my blogging sisters, co-workers, family and friends!

18 comments:

Jenny

Hi Joy!

I got this box die and cut it with the exact same paper! We must be on the same wavelength... though I didn't cut the oval in it... gotta try that next time.

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Linda

Woohoo! I went to J's last week and got this die too! Thanks for letting me know how big this box actually is! I love it! I also got a bunch of punches too. I just need to start using them, huh? Have a great week, PFP!

~amy~

oooh....such a neat box!!!! Have a great week Joy!

Risa

I can tell that this particular die is going to be a hit. Your box is fabulous and I can't wait to see more!
hugs
Risa:)

Angie

Looking forward to seeing the box all done tomorrow!

Unknown

Gotta get this box - thanks for enabling us Joy. Looking forward to tomorrow's posting.

Shirley N

Can't wait to see your finished product!

Denise

Wow Joy, loving that box. I think I need that die too...LOL I can only imaging how beautiful you will decorate it.

Michelle Alejandro

I want it! Have to go see if Cliff still has it. See you tonight!

Cheryl

Wonderful! I'm glad you got this box. I love it and it really is huge!!! Can't wait to see what you make with it. I didn't post the box I made since Cliff needed it for the store sample and I didn't have time to take the photo of it.

Brenda

guess that die is going on my wish list... tfs!

Cyndi

very cute! they are having a sale on the punches this week til wed 25% off!

Jodi

This is a really cute box!! It was really great to see you and Tae!!
Gotta see each other again before the holiday!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Janis

That's a huge box! Can't imagine trying to fill it with goodies. I can't wait to see how you decorate it with your awesome talent!

Cami

This die is on my must get list! I saw it but didn't get it and now i regret it! It's a very nice size box. Can't wait for tomorrow to see how you finished it! I know it will be beautiful because all of your goodie bags and boxes are! Cami

Lacey Stephens

Oooo...I love my sizzix dies!!!
How are you doing? Been real busy getting ready for the release on friday!! And haven't had much time to blog hop! I hope you are doing well!
~Lacey

Amy

Wow, the box does look pretty big. I think I have the smaller one (box#2). Mine is just too small for cookies I bake. I think I will be making a few of the small boxes however to put some chocolate inside for last minute gifts.

Mahalo for sharing.

kris

i want this die too!!! hehehe! what a perfect box... and your sample is toooo cute! can't wait to see the finished product! hugs, Kris

Related Posts with Thumbnails