Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Double Shakers...

so I finally finished my OCS for Joni...sorry so late! I was in the mood for some reason to make double shakers. So Joni's favorite color is blue and so I found some blue DP to make her double shaker with. I really enjoyed myself this time making it. I used my SU punches and the MS butterfly punch and the border punch as well. this image is the new one from TGF! isn't she just so cute! and I love those sitting ones =)
I was such in the mood to make these lovely and awesome creations that I just had to make another one! the foam was already cut and ready to go, so it made it so much easier. I had bought a lot of this DP for a party, but ended up not using it...so now I have so much of this DP but at least it's pretty =) I used the CC design image for this one. hope my BFF likes it!
I wanted to share with you how to make it...if you go to Teri's blog, she has a tutorial on it. but I just wanted to give you info on what I used. You do need the thicker foam, strong double stick tape, acetate window paper, microbeads or whatever you choose to make your shaker with, I used dew drops on the back shaker window, DP and embellishments. you also should cut out your image in the window and place them between the two acetate windows so the beads don't get stuck to the image you cut out. if I am making you more confused, you can go to Teri's blog and on her sidebar she has a link to her double shaker tutorial. she gives you step by step instructions on how to make these. thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

Linda . J

Beautiful cards Joy lovely detail and the papers and the colouring are gorgeous.
Hugs Linda

Unknown

You've outdone yourself, Joy - beautiful cards!

kris

How awesome are these?!?!? LOVE it... i just have to try this one out... probably won't get it right, but i can try right?!? LOL... Beautiful! Joni will LOVE it! Wishing you and Taelyn all the best in 2010!! Have a Happy and Beautiful New Year!! hugs, Kris

Jenny V.

Hi Joy! I love your shaker card & this two are so beautiful. Love the image & colors you use. Have a Happy New Year's to you & Taelyn!

Linda

Hey girlie! Me and Kyoks ran into Joni yesterday at J's - she was asking about the foam to make the double shaker cards. Now I know why! Your double shakers are awesome! See you soon!

1LuvnMama

Hi Joy!
Once again, fab shakers! Joni and Michelle will love them! As soon as I'm able to, I'll try my hand at making a shaker . . . using those microbeads you sent my way . . . and then, you, the expert "SHAKER" can examine it and give me a grade . . . A, B, C, D, or F! :) Have a good one!

Shirley N

OMG--I'm sooo loving these cards, Joy! Both are so beautiful. Love your DP your sentiment, your coloring--everything! Fab job! Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year!

Jodi

Joy these are such awesome cards!! Love all the things you make, they are truly an inspiration!! You have really been so busy!! =)
Wishing you the best for 2010!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Cheryl

Wow Joy! I really have to try and make one of these. Your 2 cards turned out so cute and I love them! Happy New Years!!!

Michelle Alejandro

OMG I love mine! Thank you so much! It is sitting on my desk right now. Have a great New Years if I dont talk to you before then!

Cyndi

i love your double shakers! i don't know how you do it! I made some this past christmas and man i was struggling! happy new year!

donna mikasa

Super cute shaker cards! I'll check out Teri's tutorial...thanks!

Jodie

Great seeing you today Joy. This card is awesome, thanks so much for sharing

Risa

Hello Joy,
Your double shaker cards are very pretty! I love the layout and your images are gorgeous! Take care and Happy New Year wishes to you:)
hugs
Risa:)

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA**

Love your shaker cards so FABU...just wanted to wish you and T a Happy New YEar....hugs Liann

Cami

You surely have been busy, Joy! Love both of these double shaker cards! You're shakin', rattlin' and rollin' with these shaker cards and I love everyone you've made!Happy New Year! Hugs, Cami

Corie

These are absolutely FANTASTIC!!!

Have a wonderful new year -- I wish you all the best!!

Big hugs and smiles,
Corie

Teri

Love your double shakers! It's been a while since I've made one, now you've got me wanting to make some soon!! See you tomorrow!

eunice

You are the double shaker pro! I am in awe at how beautifully your double shaker and shaker cards turn out. I can't believe I haven't tried one yet...looks like so much work!

Tammi

Your so great at making shaker cards and boxes, they are all so darling! Love these springy ones!

Related Posts with Thumbnails