Friday, June 4, 2010

Gate fold box...

...GATE FOLD BOX...
Thank Goodness It's Friday...right gang?! well, I wanted to send something to a dear sweet friend, but I couldn't just send it right? so I decided to make a box to hold the goodies inside. I came up with my very own "gatefold box". is there such a thing? any whoo...it takes one 12" x 12" CS (I used chocolate chip) to make this cute box. I was very pleased at how this turned out. I used my lotus and oval spellbinder to create my topper. I used the cheeky beauty from TGF as my image...had to use some flowers, pink bling and colored her with my copics. I drew in my own fish net leggings...lol! I don't know if you can tell, but the big pink flower is holding the box closed.
here's what the box looks like once it's opened. it's pretty deep...2 1/2" and it can hold a few things. I may have to make a few more of these =)
here's the side view of the box...to give you an idea of how long and wide it is.
here's another view...so you can tell the height and width. I used that special DP from SU. it really goes well with a lot of colors.
okay gang...it's off to a fabulous weekend! be safe everyone!
I also have to give props...GO UH Wahine Softball...as we are in the semis for the world series of college softball! Congrats for going this far!!
“the winner ain't the one with the most luck, its the one who gives it all they got and never gives up”

Be Blessed,

22 comments:

Charlene

What a cute idea!! I love the box and the colors you chose. Someone is going to love getting this!! Thank you for sharing such a pretty box with us.

~amy~

LOVE your gate fold box...great design!!! Happy Friday!!

kris

Oh this is fabulous!! fish net leggings?? totally creative sis!! it came out super fab!! this is really cute cute CUTE!!! Happy Friday!! Hugs! =D

Denise

Pretty! Love the Sexy leggings~LOL Very clever.
Hugs,
Denise

Brenda

I love that spellbinder! That really makes the box pop! Good luck with making more. I know that you can whip them out in no time!

Cyndi

very nice box! you are always so creative!

Cheryl

What a great idea! I would of never thought to make a gatefold box. I saw that Spellbinder die and was thinking about getting it. I will have to get it now for sure.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug

Oh...another fun project Joy!! Love your gatefold box!! You are just full of creativity!! What a sweet image too!!
hugs,
Chris

Have a great weekend!!

Jodi

Joy! This is so cute and I love the idea of a gate fold box! Pretty pinks!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

mst822

Your gatefold box is such a great idea! Luv that Lotus spellbinder! I gotta get me one now! Oh and those fishnet leggings...what a sexy idea! Too cute!
Tammy

lynn

Very creative Joy...I always love your work.

hugs,
Lynn

Teri

OMgoodness! You outdid yourself this time! I love your gatefold box! When are you coming to show me how to make it?? Just like Cheryl, I love that nestie you used...now it will be all gone because everyone will rush to get it!!

Sparkplug17

This is just lovely!

Kyoko

Hi Joy! Hope everything is going great with you and Tae!!! OMG I LOVE your gatefold box ... uhhh how sexy is that fishnet legging ... SASSY ... love it!

Huggies,
Kyoko

Corie

WOW this is GORGEOUS!!

Unknown

So beautiful project! TFS :)

Lacey Stephens

OMG!! Joy, this is awesome!! What a perfect box!! This can hold so many things!! Do you have a magnetic clasp?! That would be perfect to hold this box shut!!
I love it!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Michelle Alejandro

Joy this is too cute! I still have to get my act together and design something for my you know what. Ahhh, so out of ideas, lol. TTYL!

Hugs,
Michelle

Little C's Creations

Love this gate box idea, sis!! That SU! DP is most definitely soooo pretty too!!

Rita

Another oh so cute Joy creation! I love all your cards & creations Joy, you are fantastic!

Tammi

Gorgeous box and pretty coloring on the cute image!

Joy

Another WOW... damn girl, you're on a roll!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails